7 Reasons the Arts are Important
- Art is languages that all people speak that cut across racial, cultural, social, educational, and economic barriers and enhance cultural appreciation and awareness.
- Art provides opportunities for self-expression, bringing the inner world into the outer world of concrete reality.
- Art develops both independence and collaboration.
- Art makes it possible to use personal strengths in meaningful ways and to bridge into understanding sometimes difficult abstractions through these strengths.
- Art improves academic achievement — enhancing test scores, attitudes, social skills, critical and creative thinking.
- Art exercises and develops higher order thinking skills including analysis, synthesis, evaluation, and “problem-finding.”
- Art provides the means for every student to learn.
Let’s All Get excited About Art – I Might Just Bridge The Gaps.